What Is It?
SkillShare is a free event organized by the Wiltshire RoSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders group. It offers the opportunity for drivers and riders to come along and get a free driving or riding assessment from a RoSPA approved tutor and to have a chat about cars, bikes, driving/riding and find out more about RoSPA advanced driving/riding training over a coffee in one of the best cafes in Wiltshire.
What Do I Get Out Of It?
- For motorcyclists, an assessed ride, where a tutor will ride with you and provide some hints and tips on where you might think about improving your safety whilst making better progress. Depending upon attendance, rides will normally operate on a ratio of one tutor per rider although occasionally we may need to adjust the ratio to a maximum of one tutor to three riders.
- For drivers, an assessed drive, where a tutor will accompany you in your own vehicle and provide some feedback on how you might improve your driving. The tutor will tailor the session to meet your individual needs.
- A full debrief following the drive/ride covering all aspects of your driving/riding and based on the principles of the Police driver’s or motorcycle rider’s handbook, Roadcraft.
- A written debrief you can take away as a reminder of what was discussed.
- The chance to find out more about the training RoSPA offers, the local RoSPA groups and to meet some of our tutors and find out just how friendly and non-judgmental we are and to see first hand that we don’t all own a certain make of car or bike!
- A fun morning out driving/riding some of our favourite roads in Wiltshire.
Who Should Come Along?
Absolutely anyone who is interested in developing their driving or riding or finding out how they can take control of their own safety on the road whilst maintaining the fun of driving/riding.
Where Is It?
Skillshare is located centrally within our region at the
Dandy Highwayman Coffee Shop, Main Road, Cherhill, Wiltshire, SN11 8UU
When Is It?
SkillShare takes place on the first Saturday of the month during the summer seasons.
April, May, June, July, August, September and October will be at the Dandy Highwayman Coffee Shop at Cherhill on the A4 on the eastern side of Calne.
View our calendar for the next date.
|April 1st 2023 (The Dandy Highwayman)|
|May 6th 2023 (The Dandy Highwayman)|
|June 3rd 2023 (The Dandy Highwayman)|
|July 1st 2023 (The Dandy Highwayman)|
|August 5th 2023 (The Dandy Highwayman)|
|September 2nd 2023 (The Dandy Highwayman)|
|October 7th 2023 (The Dandy Highwayman)|
We ask that attendees arrive at 10AM so that we can start the drives/rides at 10:15. We aim to have all the de-briefs completed by 12:30.
I Want To Come Along
Drivers/riders can turn up on the day and we will do our best to accommodate you, but we prefer that you reserve a place by completing the form below:
If you have any problems with the form please click here to send an email supplying the details asked for in the above form.